Sign Up Online
Create your free HomeFundIt account using your Facebook profile or email address.
Choose How To Save
Crowdfund with HomeFundIt, get cash back when you shop with UpIt, or do both.
Share Your Story
Tell your story with pictures, videos, and status updates posted to your campaign page.
Save Even More With UpIt
In addition to crowdfunding, you can increase your down payment savings with UpIt, the only cash back program approved for a mortgage down payment. When you (or friends and family) shop online with UpIt retailers, a portion of your purchases goes to your down payment savings.
- Increase your down payment savings through everyday shopping.
- Shop at hundreds of online retailers like ProFlowers and Shoe Carnival.
- Get up to 20% of every eligible purchase pledged to your campaign.
- Get access to coupons and special deals from UpIt retail partners.
- Have a group of people shop with UpIt to support your goal.
- No time limit - start raising funds with UpIt years before you start looking for a home.
- UpIt funds are available for your home purchase within 24 hours.
- No mortgage preapproval requirement - you can start using UpIt in less than 5 minutes.
Crowdfunding Your Down Payment With HomeFundIt
HomeFundIt is the only crowdfunding program in the nation approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for use with conventional mortgage loans. It's easy to set up your campaign and then share your goal with your friends and family.
- Just about anyone can contribute to your down payment savings.
- No set up or transaction fees.
- Easy to use and easy to contribute - online with a credit or debit card.
- Contributors have the option to give conditional or non-conditional gifts.
- Easy to share on social media and websites.
- Funds are immediately available for your home purchase.
- Mortgage preapproval is required to start and can be done online or with a Loan Officer.
- Up to $1500 closing cost grant available to first-time home buyers (restrictions apply).
Create your HomeFundIt account in just a few steps.
Sign up with Facebook or your email address.
We recommend using your Facebook account, so you have access to existing pictures and videos, and can easily share your updates and progress with your personal network.
Choose your saving strategy (Crowdfund, Shop with UpIt, or Both!)
Consider these recommendations based on your time to purchase a home:
In Six Months or Less:
Crowdfund with HomeFundIt to raise a larger share of your down payment faster.
Within One Year:
Take advantage of the extra time by using both HomeFundIt and UpIt to increase your down payment while you're still preparing for your home purchase.
One Year or Longer:
Start with UpIt. Watch the savings add up over time (there's no restriction on time to buy with UpIt). Add HomeFundIt when you're ready to start looking for a home, which is a great time to tell your friends and family about your plans.This strategy also works well when timed with an upcoming milestone, such as a wedding or starting a family.
Build your campaign.
Tell your story and publish updates along the way. Your campaign page can host photos, videos, and text updates. Please note, in order for your campaign to be searchable by others in our database, you will have to add a picture.
Share your story.
Share your campaign on social media and through direct messaging to connect with your friends and family. You can also email your campaign page link or include it on a website, such as a wedding registry.
When you are ready to buy or if you want to start crowdfunding.
Get preapproved for financing.
Complete the online application to get preapproved for mortgage financing. Your preapproval is the first step to getting a mortgage loan. It also gives you a better idea of how much home you can afford and how much you will need for your down payment.
Meet your mortgage team.
When you use HomeFundIt, you get the help and support of an entire team. Here are some of the people you may meet:
- Loan Officer – your lender liaison, answers all of your mortgage questions and helps you set an achievable down payment goal.
- Realtor – your partner for finding homes, making an offer, and filing paperwork.
- Housing Counselor (Optional) – available through federal and local agencies, your housing counselor will help you with home buyer education and sourcing other grants and assistance.
Explore your options to raise your down payment.
- Crowdfunding – Once you have your financing preapproval, you can start crowdfunding. Getting preapproved first ensures funds won’t have to be returned to contributors if you need longer than a year to get ready to buy.
- CMG Grant – Up to $1,500 - Get some of your closing costs covered with CMG Financial’s grant opportunity.
- Exclusive Closing Costs Grant program available for first-time home buyers (as defined by Fannie Mae) for borrowers who complete home buyer education or pre-purchase counseling.
- CMG Financial will give $2 for every $1 raised via crowdfunding (pledged funds to not apply) up to the lesser of 1% of the purchase price or the amount as noted below:
- Up to a $1,500 grant if Home Buyer Education or Pre-Purchase Counseling is completed prior the purchase contract being signed.
- Grant funds will be applied to non-recurring closing costs.
- Instant $100 to start!
Start your home search.
Once your campaign is active, you will have 12 months to close on your new home. We recommend launching your campaign when you are ready to start home shopping! Your 12 months starts when you receive your first contribution.
Purchase your new home.
When you reach your campaign goal, your funds will be ready to apply toward your new home purchase. Welcome home!